For the latest medical advice, visit NHS.uk/Coronavirus.
The NHS Volunteer Responders has been set up to perform small, non-medical tasks to support the NHS and those in self-isolation during the outbreak of Covid-19.
Tasks would include:
- Delivering food and medication
- Driving patients to and from the hospital
- Transporting NHS equipment and supplies
- Phoning those in self-isolation
You can volunteer if:
- You are well and have no symptoms like a cough or high temperature and neither does anybody in your household
- You are under 70
- You are not pregnant
- You do not have any long-term health conditions that make you vulnerable to coronavirus
If you are following Government guidance and are unable to leave home, you can still be an NHS Volunteer Responder by signing up as a telephone ‘check in and chat’ volunteer.
Please find more information about the programme here:
You can sign up here: